Thursday, January 7, 2010

Triumph!

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a fabulous evening. I spent my night at the Gillette Children's Hospital in St. Paul, Minn. For more than a year now I have been a "play date" volunteer. Once a week I go in and do an activity with the kids from 6 to 8. Last night we had a dog show! Sometimes the pet therapy dogs come and do tricks. It was so much fun and it is always great seeing the kids' faces light up when they see the dogs. As for eating, yesterday was pretty good. I stayed within my alotted amount of calories BUT I threw away 260 of them on a grande mocha frappuccino with no whipped cream from Starbucks . I love them and I was craving one. I always satisfy cravings in moderation. I have found that if I let myself have it I don't crave it as often.



You will be so proud of me. I finally got my a$$ out of bed and went to the gym today. Holla! Even more exciting is the fact that I ran a mile in 10 minutes flat! Don't get me wrong, I felt like I was going to die afterward but it feels great having accomplished that. As I was doing my cardio I realized that my theme song is "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. Obviously the song is about a guy but if you substitute "the guy" for something else that brought you down before and made you stronger it totally makes sense. That song is really empowering. Other great running songs are "Sandstorm" by Darude and "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston. I don't know what it is about those two particular songs but they PUMP ME UP!

Here is a tip: Look in the mirror today and tell yourself you are beautiful.

Have a fantastic day! Much love my readers <3

P.S. For your viewing pleasure here is a picture of me way back in 2006. Yes, it is who you think it is :)

6 comments:

  1. 1 mile in 10 minutes is fab, even if you felt like it was going to kill you.

    Who is the hottie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the run Sheena! :) I'm headed to the gym after work with (or without) Adam - gonna do my c25k. Maybe one day I'll be running as good as you!

    You and your "hubby" look pretty cute. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm dying to know- who is that guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. That is Joe Mauer. He is the catcher for the Minnesota Twins Baseball team. He is gorgeous isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it the wrong button
    Nice picture....Go Twins :)

    Way to go for getting up and going to the gym. And mmmmhmm starbucks. We only have one where I live and it's at the airport. I have fighter as one of my go to run songs along with stronger by Britney spears. They just make you want to push that much harder.

    ReplyDelete