Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm a model, ya know what I mean?

Hello Readers!

How is everyone today? Sorry I failed to post yesterday. I had every intention but was just busy with work, homework etc. So, I weighed in today. Last week I was 236.3 and this week I weighed in at.....236.4. That's right, a gain of .1 lbs. Of course I am disappointed that I didn't lose, but I didn't workout this week either. I really need to get my motivation back to hit the gym but this shows that even when I have a bad week exercise wise that I can still maintain my weight within a pound. Holla!

Anyone have any plans this weekend? I was supposed to have some of my friends over to celebrate my birthday but I am rescheduling for a warmer date. I just want to dance. Do you ever get that urge to just hit the dance floor and shake your booty? I just might have to crank the stereo in my apartment and have my own dance party, lol.

Some of you might be wondering how I thought of the name Destination: Runway. I have always thought it would be awesome to be a model. Not necessarily a Victoria's Secret Model, or a Supermodel but to eventually walk the runway. When I was 18 I went to a model search, interviewed, gave them some headshots etc. The agency called back and told me they wanted to represent me and that they were sending my shots to companies looking for models. Well, I never heard anything which sucked but I asked my mom about it a while ago and she told me that a few people had called and wanted to book me but she told them I was in school and didn't have time. WTF? The point of this whole rant is that eventually I want to do a runway show. It doesn't even have to be a big show, I just want to strut my stuff down that runway. Do you think I can do it? I know I can! And I will :)

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Remember that our success stories depend on choices that WE make. You all are beautiful. Whether you gained weight this week or lost, know that this journey is one day at a time. Take time for yourself and remember to tell yourself you are beautiful at least once today.

Much love xoxo

3 comments:

  1. .1...!?! POINT ONE!? That's nothing. Take off your nail polish and it'll be gone! Hahaha!

    Can't wait until the day I get to see you WORK IT (Cover Girl... as Robin would say!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you!

    Check out my blog; I gave you an award. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on not having a gain. That is something to be proud of since you couldnt work out. Just imagine what your lose will be when you have time to work out. I think dancing in the apartment sounds like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete