Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This is me

Good morning! :)

I FINALLY worked out this morning! I didn't go to the gym though. Have you ever heard of "Hip Hop Abs?" That's right, I did it :) I bought it a while ago before I had access to a gym and I really liked it. It is a series of hip hop dance moves that give you both cardio and strength. Sometimes I wonder about Shaun T though...lol.



I suppose I should tell you all how I got here in the first place, huh? I have struggled with weight my whole life. I was always the fat kid in school getting teased and laughed at. When I was 13 I decided to "change." I started working out more and eating better things/depriving myself of sweets and bad stuff and in the course of 6 months I lost almost 70 lbs. Needless to say, it didn't last forever. Throughout high school and college I literally blew up to almost 280 lbs. I was in total denial abot my weight, partly because friends and family would enable me by saying "you aren't fat," "you are just big boned" or "you are taller so you carry things differently."

Last year I decided to do this for real. I started watching what I eat but instead of depriving myself of things I practiced portion control. I joined the YMCA and took a Zumba class <-- SO FUN! -I totally recommend it- and now I am down to about 240 lbs. My goal is 180. I also ran my 1st 5k in August 2009 and am training for a 10k in April. Now you know a little more about me!

I promise my posts won't be always be this long. Thanks for the read! Much love to you and have a fabulous and inspiring day :) You are worth every minute.

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing. :) Way to work out this morning!

    Thank you for continuing to walk with me on lunch... especially since I whined yesterday about hurting... you can expect the same thing today... OUCH! :)

    PS - Wanna run another 5k...? There is one I'm thinking about, I think it's in May. It benefits the Baby Angels Foundation:
    The Baby Angels Foundation is a statewide initiative whose mission is to maximize the supports available to parents and families who have lost a child to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexplained Death in Infancy (SUDI), Sudden Unexplained Infant Deaths (SUID), or Positional Suffocation. Fundraising events are held to increase community awareness and to raise money to help agencies sustain the necessary funding needed to provide resources related to sudden and unexpected infant deaths.

    Think about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip Hop Abs looks fun. I have heard about Zumba. I never took a class but I am thinking about it.

    Thank you for sharing your story. You have done a lot of great work already.

    10Ks are my favorite run. They are not too short or too long, just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Lindsay's another priorfatgirl blog and she pointed in your direction. I just wanted to let you know that you are doing an amazing job!

    Keep it up and I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the purchased the hip hop abs dvd and the zumba dvd at the same time. LOVED zumba. Hated hip hop abs. But that might have been because I knew one of the dancers. It was just too weird. I also found Shaun to be super irritating,lol. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete